10 Best Bakeries In NYC
10. Georgetown Cupcake- Coming from DC, these gourmet cupcakes in Soho at 111 Mercer St. surpass amazing. With both the perfect size and sweetness, these little gems are sure to hit the spot with that sweet tooth.
9. Momofuku Milk Bar– A predictable choice, famous for their cake truffles and cereal milk ice cream, this fun bakery is always a great option. Surprisingly, they do sell other great options like bagel bombs and candy bar pies.
8. Levain Bakery- This Upper West Side bakery, located at 167 W. 74th St., serves up some big hunks of heaven with every bite of their delicious cookies. The oh-so thick, moist cookies come in four unreal flavors – chocolate chip walnut, double chocolate chip, chocolate peanut butter chip, and oatmeal raisin.
7. Schmackary’s– Located at 362 West 45th street, this cookie joint boasts a handful of unique and delicious flavors that change every day and every season!
6. Dominique Ansel Bakery- Obviously, this one had to make the list. Located in the South Village at 189 Spring St., the home of the famous “cronuts” and cookie shots is sure to impress even the pickiest of taste buds.
5. Buttercup Bake Shop- Baked from scratch, these cupcakes at 973 2nd Ave. are decadent and delicious. The mini cheesecakes are also worth a try, as well as the brownies and fun bars.
4. Sprinkles- Famous for their layered ice cream cupcake concoction, Sprinkles is yet another famous bakery, but rightfully so. Seriously, don’t miss their amazing s’mores cupcakes coming for a limited time this August. You’ll thank us later.
3. Maison Kayser– This gourmet bakery is home to some of the best breads and pastries New York has to offer. Don’t miss out.
2. Holey Crème- Taking Instagram newsfeeds by a storm, this tiny bakery is heaven for donut lovers. While they do offer cookies and cupcakes, the real attraction is the donut ice cream sandwiches – in other words, a generous scoop of ice cream is wedged between two halves of a donut. Yum.
1. Wafels and Dinges– This gem has exactly what its name suggests— various waffles and various “dinges”—okay so they might have made up that word. The possibilities with these savory waffles are endless and lucky for us all, food trucks have been popping up around the city to satisfy our cravings on-the-go.
Recommended For You:
My name is Jana Ruthberg and I have a passion for literature, creative writing, traveling to crazy places, fashion, and good food. Emphasis on the good food. I’m also a bit social media obsessed and you can often find me pining over the perfect Instagram filter—it’s usually Hudson—or crafting a quirky tweet.