What to Do When Waitlisted
There are some items that when introduced at the beginning of a new season, sell out very quickly, frustrating many trendsetters. It’s true that the irresistible nature in fashion of wanting something new and fresh seems to trickle down to consumers. But, for those who crave something fresh but don’t want to deal with the hassle of being put on a waiting list, there are sometimes less pricey alternatives.
1. Find a more affordable option. Be careful when choosing this approach. There are a lot of trendy knockoffs that are reproduced as a result of a trendy item. Make sure the less expensive version you choose is of good quality.
2. Have a tailor recreate the look for you. This is the most creative option. You have control over the quality of the item, and as a result it would be more personalized.
3. Dig through your local thrift store. Sometimes a must have item has been inspired from a past trend and is just an updated approach.
4. Continue to save for the pricey designer version and stay on the list. Yes, it is okay to continue to wait for your name to be bumped up on the list but don’t wait too long. Eventually all the rage of this must have item will die down and your cravings will be focused on the next season’s must have.
5. Ask a friend who was lucky enough to score the season’s must have if you can borrow or swap.
6. Check out Rent the Runway to see if the item is available.