Red light therapy is a non-invasive treatment that stimulates the production of collagen and elastin in the skin. It rejuvenates both the dermal and epidermal layers simultaneously, resulting in a younger-looking complexion within a brief span of time. Although there are several benefits to red light therapy for skin, it is best performed under professional supervision.
Red Light Therapy
There are no known side effects or damages if handled by professionals on how to use red light therapy at home. However, there may still be some mild discomfort, such as itchiness and redness, if not applied properly.
There can be side effects when used incorrectly read more below.
Lozenge + Red Light Therapy
Red light therapy is often used in combination with other treatments, such as chemical peels or mesotherapy, to stimulate collagen production. It can treat wrinkles, acne scars, and pigmentation on the face. It may also be used for treating stretch marks and cellulite in various parts of the body.
Here are 10 benefits that Red Light Therapy Offers for Skincare:
This means that red light therapy addresses the major cause that leads to skin aging. In this process, the anti-aging treatment stimulates cell proliferation and collagen production, resulting in a reduction of lines and wrinkles from both the epidermal and dermal layers.
The heat provided by red light increases circulation under the skin, which helps improve blood flow for a firm and smooth complexion. The technique is also known to reduce puffiness around the eyes as well as relieve lymphatic congestion for a rejuvenated face.
Promote Hair Growth
Red Light Therapy can treat or prevent hair loss caused by alopecia areata and other factors such as stress, diet, hormonal changes, low iron levels, skin conditions, and even genetics.
Reduction of Cellulite
Using Red Light Therapy helps strengthen the connective tissue and stimulates collagen production to reduce the appearance of cellulite. This is possible because red light provides heat and penetration deep into the dermis layer of the skin. The treatment also helps shrink the fat cells underneath the skin, which makes cellulite more visible.
Red Light Therapy is safe for treating acne on many skin as it penetrates deep into both dermal and epidermal layers without damaging or irritating them. This method has been seen to be effective in reducing active acne lesions and those that were previously treated by laser procedures, such as CO2 fractional laser resurfacing.
Reduce Scars and Stretch Marks
The treatment is effective in treating atrophic acne scars, which are caused by reduced collagen production under the skin. Red light therapy can also treat stretch marks on various parts of the body. It works by increasing cellular renewal for faster wound healing, resulting in smoother-looking skin around the scar or stretch mark.
Reduction of wrinkles
Red Light Therapy penetrates deep into the dermis where wrinkles form under the skin, allowing it to restore collagen production that reduces their appearance. The process reverses decades of aging damage due to sun exposure, smoking, poor diet, etc., especially those caused by photoaging or extrinsic aging.
Acne Scar Treatment
Red Light Therapy can be used as a stand-alone procedure or in combination with other acne treatments such as chemical peels, mesotherapy, and dermabrasion to reduce the appearance of acne scars. This method provides heat deep into the skin to help break down scar tissue so the body naturally absorbed it. Unlike ablative laser resurfacing that damages healthy tissues around scarred areas, red light therapy only delivers heat under the skin to stimulate collagen production.
Improve Blood Circulation
Although not visible from the outside, poor blood circulation results in reduced nutrient and oxygen flow under the skin. Red Light Therapy helps increase blood flow to all parts of your for healthier, well-nourished skin. It also prevents common signs of aging, such as loss of firmness, reduced radiance and texture, and age spots.
Red Light Therapy can reduce the size of your pores by increasing blood flow to the treated area, which results in healthier and smoother-looking skin around your nose and cheeks. This process also improves inflammatory conditions such as rosacea that may cause enlarged pores, redness, and flushing in various areas around your face.
Tips on Getting Red Light Therapy Right:
- Make sure that your therapist is experienced and well-trained in Red Light Therapy. Ask for a session plan so you know what type of equipment will be used, how many sessions are recommended, and the estimated duration.
- Request a demo of the equipment being used on you, especially if it is your first time getting a red light therapy session. How does the wand work? Does it have safety features such as automatic shut-off or a cooling system? What disposable parts need to be changed after every use? Is there an odor from the lamp that needs to be managed? The more questions you ask, the better equipped you will be when deciding whether this non-invasive procedure is right for you.
- Look for an experienced therapist who has a wide range of non-invasive treatments for acne, scars, stretch marks, cellulite reduction, etc.
- Request an estimate on their pricing, especially if you are considering signing up for a long-term treatment plan. Avoid clinics or therapists who offer “one size fits all” packages, as they may not be suitable for your skin type and requirements.
- If you suffer from over one condition that Red Light Therapy is said to treat, make sure that the therapist can provide individualized treatment plans based on your medical history and needs.
- Read reviews about their services on third-party websites before making an appointment. The internet can be a significant source of information about any red light therapy clinic in Singapore.
- Seek consultation from your dermatologist or medical esthetician, especially if you are on medication, have a skin condition, are pregnant, breastfeeding, etc.
- Get to know more about red light therapy by subscribing to our blog for informative reviews that will help you make the best choice in seeking treatment.
Read More On 10 Stylish Backpacks for Kids