Is HE broke?
The following are dead give-away indications that he is broke or perhaps financially crippled.
1. His shoes are unclean, cheap or in bad shape.
2. He tells you that you make too much money. What exactly is too much? If you make more than him and you can barely stay within your means, he’s broke.
3. He is 30+ and does not have an idea of what he wants to do for a living. He hasn’t figured out his purpose. Are we still asking grown men what they want to be when they grow up? I think not. He should be a dreamer, a man with aspirations who sets goals. He should have great will power and enjoy challenges.
4. If he is 28+ and still lives with his mother, he is broke! A man should always strive to be the provider. He should want to leave the nest. How exactly does he impress you if he is not showing that he can hold his own?
5. This is an extension of living. He drives a luxury car but lives at home with his parents and is not saving to buy a house. Yes a house, not saving for an apartment.
6. He sells you his friends’ dreams. His best friend just brought a new car, is opening a business or was in the studio recording with Jay-Z last night. Sir, were you there?
7. He doesn’t own a debit or credit card. No card coincides with no checking account. He’s dipping in and out of his money market or savings accounts which is why he solely uses cash.
8. He doesn’t have a bank account. Where is he saving his money exactly? Is he only relying on his 401K to save his hard earned money?
9. He wants to go Dutch on the first few dates. Just to clarify this is not courting. You are courting yourself. I advise you to stay home.
10. You can tell how broke a man is by the way he eats. Or perhaps he could have a bad eating habit. What restaurants is he suggesting you two explore? Although this may indicate he has preferences and may know his way around places to explore. Finding a good rated restaurant with good and affordable prices does not necessarily mean he is broke.
11. He never takes you out. You are always stuck in his home or in yours watching movies and cooking dinner. Relaxing at home with your lover is fine; this should not be something that is done every day.