[Insert overused twerking reference here]. All jokes aside, Miley is inspirational. Not in a sense that your kids should still look up to her, she has sure proven her Hannah Montana days are long behind her. In a sense that staying true to yourself is key to success: one should follow Miley’s lead.
1. Although her Bangerz tour had a controversial start (people weren’t sure what to think), the singer didn’t let it phase her, and she pressed on. In the beginning of the tour, concertgoers expected to be shocked. They expected the craziest set imaginable, and the weirdest props they could think of, and when Miley delivered, they accepted, she’s just being Miley. Cyrus made it clear from the start that she didn’t care if people didn’t like what she was doing. Whether or not they liked it, she still had them talking. Stay true to yourself. Whether or not someone likes what your doing, they’re still talking about you: you still have their interest.
2. Change is possible. You don’t have to conform to anyone’s expectations of you. You are not a mold to be fit into a set of standards. Be who you want to be at anytime.
3. You can’t make everyone happy. If you set out to please everyone, you’re going to be miserable and exhausted. When Miley released her new record, ‘Bangerz’ she stated she didn’t even care if she made any money off the record. She has the money, she just wanted to make an album.
4. No matter what you do, your family will ALWAYS be on your side, so be nice to them!
5. Life’s too short: stick your tongue out at the world as much as humanly possible.