College life is not only about studying but its also about having fun! The easiest way to get involved at schools is to live on campus. Many students find college dorms convenient because schools manage the buildings and almost take care of everything. A lot of universities even require freshmen to live on campus, which means they agree living in dorms is the best way to get settled in.
Dorm rooms seem to be perfect because you do not need to worry about buying furniture or paying for electricity. However, you will find things you really need in your dorm room when time passes that the college does not provide you.
The following five things will make your dorm room even more perfect:
1. A mini fridge: Yes, most dorms require students to purchase school meal plans. However, there will just be times when you are sick of the cafeteria food and want to eat out. A fridge will come in handy when you have leftovers. You may also want to keep some cold drinks in your room, especially during summer time. A fridge is definitely the first thing you need in the room.
2. A microwave: When you have a fridge, a microwave seems to be a must as well. It is very useful when you have morning classes and just want to reheat some soup quickly for breakfast. Or, you will just need one to reheat your leftovers. The microwave and fridge combination will totally change your college dorm life.
3. A television: You may think you can always watch TV shows on Netflix, so a TV is not necessary. That is true that you can watch anything later on the internet, but there is one thing you really do not want to miss, and that is the news. People will watch news on TV when it is on, but most people just will not specifically go to news websites to read news. It is important to know what is going on locally, nationally and internationally. A TV makes sure you will not be left out in conversations with friends.
4. A nice pillow: You may not understand all the scientific terms about how quality sleeping will refresh your brain and help you stay focused, but you will feel it. Getting enough sleep will increase your concentration and ability to remember things. Do those sound like things you need for taking exams? Yes! So, get yourself a nice pillow and get those good grades.
Read also: Sleep For Your Big Test Tomorrow!(NEED LINK)
5. A blender: Nothing is better than a refreshing smoothie after a good night of sleep. Start your day with a delicious smoothie!