1. “I love your family!” This is one of the things he would probably say just to flatter you, and engage you. After all, the best way to get to a woman is through her family!
2. “Can We Talk About this Later?” Actually, “later” means “never”. What he’s really doing is hoping that the fight will just dissolve and you’ll forget about it later. A guy NEVER wants to talk. Don’t let him get away with this!
3. “This Tastes Delicious!” No it doesn’t. It’s nothing compared to his mother’s cooking. He just doesn’t want you to leave him to starve if he upset you by being honest.
4. “I’ll take the garbage out later when my back feels better!” That garbage isn’t going anywhere. His back isn’t in pain either, he just wants an excuse to sit on the couch and drown out the nagging.
5. “I’m leaving her for you”. Read this very carefully: He’s NEVER leaving her. If he really meant it he would shut up about it, and just do it already! He’s not going to tell his wife about you, and he’s definitely not going to tell you that he hasn’t even filed the paperwork yet. The reality is, he still wants his wife (or doesn’t want to split the assets), and he wants you on the side as well.
6. “I’m Sorry – I Won’t Do It Again!” At this point in the argument, he’ll say what ever he can to shut you up. He probably doesn’t even know what you were fighting about.
7. “No, That Doesn’t Make You Look Fat!” Let’s be real – what on Earth is he going to say when you ask that famous question? Would he actually say “Yes, you do look fat – wear something else”? He either doesn’t want you to feel bad, doesn’t notice (or care), or doesn’t want to wait around for another 2 hours for you find something else to wear!