Can’t sleep? Too stressed out? The warmth and therapeutic aroma of many teas can soothe the senses, bringing peace with each and every sip. Here are some of the best teas for those who have trouble sleeping.
1. Chamomile is the most common herbal tea for relaxation. Especially good for calming down hyper-active senses, insomnia, upset stomaches and even nausea, you can always find relief in the herbal mix of the chamomile plant and zesty lemon grass.
2. Mint teas, particularly peppermint, have not only a fresh flavor, but also have very good reputations as stomach relaxers. Pain, indigestion, and nausea can be cured with a few sips of peppermint tea.
3. Ginseng is also helpful for insomnia, stress, and nervousness. While more bitter, this herb has many health benefits including metabolism regulation, brain stimulation for concentration, and suppressing menstrual cramps, among many others.
4. Passion Flower was used by Native Americans who recognized it as a nerve sedative, aiding in anxiety relief and encouraging sleepiness. This flower is also an ideal painkiller, helps nausea and vomiting, and may even help lower blood pressure.
5. Lavender has the scent and taste of pure serenity. This flowery tasting herb alleviates irritability, nervousness and tension. It is one of the best remedies for calming down all of your senses and doesn’t need a single serving of sweetener!
6. Jasmine teas are rich in anti-oxidants and promote weight loss and cholesterol absorption. Strong enough to change your mood, there is no reason not to drink this naturally sweet, body-relaxing tea.
7. Rooibos tea is a soothing, black, decaffeinated tea. Lowering Cortisol levels and relieving all forms of indigestion, this tea is an all-natural sleep aid, perfect for sleepless nights.
Try one of these calming teas the next time you have difficulty sleeping or are just feeling stressed out. With a single sip, you’ll instantly notice the calming sensation fill your body, soul and mind.