Celebrities are notorious for dropping out of high school or college in pursuit of fulfilling their Hollywood dreams, but here’s a list of celebrity A-listers who are actually pretty darn smart.
8. Ke$ha- The wild “Tik Tok” singer reportedly scored a 1,500 out of 1,600 on the SAT. Who knew there were brains under those blonde tresses?
7. Quentin Tarantino- Renowned director of thrillers like Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill series might have been a high school drop out at the age of 16, but has an IQ of 160.
6. Ashton Kutcher- That 70s Show actor and comedian was accepted to both MIT and Purdue engineering programs, but lost his scholarships after breaking into his high school as a prank.
5. David Duchovny- This American actor studied English Literature at Princeton and won prizes for his poetry. He earned a Masters of Arts degree at Yale and is currently working on his PhD thesis.
4. Kate Beckinsale- This well known actress is said to have collected numerous writing awards in high school. She then went on to study Russian and French literature at New College, Oxford University.
3. Conan O’Brien- This comedian was valedictorian of his high school and graduated magna cum laude from Harvard with a degree in history and literature.
2. Jodie Foster- This long-time actress graduated magna cum laude from Yale with a bachelor’s degree in literature. She also speaks fluent French, and can understand German and Italian.
1. Natalie Portman- This beauty graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA and went on to earn a degree in psychology from Harvard University. She can speak Hebrew, French, Japanese, German, and Arabic and has been published in scientific journals.