What is aromatherapy? You’ve probably heard about, but you may not be sure what it’s supposed to do. Well, aromatherapy is the use of scents to improve your health and your well-being overall. It has a lot of benefits, and if it captures your attention, why not give it a try?
Some benefits of aromatherapy include:
- Reduces Stress
- Increases happiness by easing depression
- Can reduce insomnia or give a goodnight’s sleep
- Gives a sense of calm and peace
- Boosts energy for those feeling exhausted
- Helps to stay alert when accomplishing tasks
Aromatherapy can be used anywhere: at home, in the office, a yoga class, group mediation, and in a retail store.
If you’re curious about aromatherapy, you would have to start out by using essential oils, which is the backbone of aromatherapy. What are essential oils? Well, they are concentrated liquids that have been extracted from flowers, plants, leaves, roots or bark.
Some uses of essential oils include:
- Bergamot: Used to fight the flu
- Chamomile: Used to treat depression
- Clove: Used as an anti-septic and pain-reliever
- Jasmine: Calms the nerves and treats depression and insomnia
If this has caught your attention, explore aromatherapy a little more, and see if you’re willing to give it a try.