Maintaining relationships is hard and sometimes even when you have a group of friends you still feel lonely. A great solution to loneliness and vulnerability is being your own best friend. Here a few steps into being the friend you’ve always wanted or needed:
1. The Golden Rule! Only this time you’re treating yourself the way you’d want a best friend to treat you. Treat yourself with care, kindness and consideration.
2. Love Yourself! If you’re to be your own best friend, that means you have to love yourself, even when you annoy yourself. If you have moments when you’re feeling unloved, remember the type of love that is unconditional is the love you have for yourself.
3. Be kind to yourself! No more self-deprecating thoughts or actions. Positive affirmations are a must.
4. Know when times get down, you will pick yourself back up. You’ll support yourself through the trials and tribulations. Remind yourself that you aren’t abandoned.
5. Forgive yourself and learn to be compassionate in all that you do. If you make a mistake, said something you regret, or wasn’t kind to yourself like you promised remember that it’s okay. Recognize what you’ve done, how you can change and give yourself the strength to get back where you need to be.