When summer rolls around you can be unsure about what to where to work. The minute you step out the door it’s hot, but when you enter your workplace it’s almost always cool. Here are some things you can incorporate into your office outfits to help accommodate you to the changes in temperature. Cardigan: This is the perfect thing to wear when you’re going from a hot climate to a cooler one. A lightweight cardigan is the perfect thing to wear if you’re at work and you start to feel a little chilly. There are cardigans with and without buttons, long-sleeves, short-sleeves and ¾ sleeves. You can decide which is perfect for you, depending on how your workplace typically feels. When you leave work you can take it off, since it will not doubt be warmer outside. 1. Fine Knit Cardigan
2. Margaret White Peplum Cardigan
Sleeveless Dress: If you love to wear dresses, a sleeveless dress is the perfect to wear both inside and outside of the workplace. The dress can end just above or below your knees, while keeping your arms out and cool. If you get too cold you can always put on a cardigan. 1. Helene Sleeveless Block-Printed Dress
2. Michelle Keegan Embroidered Sleeveless Dress
3. Tribal Stripe Tie back Sleeveless Dress
Open-toed Shoes: If you love to have your feet out in the summer, then splurge for some open-toed shoes. They give you that summer vibe without looking unprofessional. You can wear heels, flats or wedges. 1. Dag Open-Toe Day Sandal
2. Sergio Rossi Open-Toe Ballerian
3. BCBGeneration Tavos Wedges
4. Collared Shirt: These shirts are professional and stylish in any workplace setting. For the summer you can wear a collard t-shirt or a collard sleeveless shirt. Many of these shirts are made with cotton, silk or chiffon, which are all fabrics that’ll keep you cool. 1. Mercer Soft Shirt
2. John Richmond
3. Lapel Collar Chiffon Blouse
Trousers or Pants These are great because the fabric that is used to make them is not as heavy or rough as others. Trousers can reach all the way down to your heel, at or above your ankle. Uniqlo sells some great trousers and pants that are both comfortable, stylish and professional enough to wear to work.
Uniqlo Pants from $14.99 and up.