1. No Eye Contact. Do whatever you can to avoid looking into his eyes. This shows him that you aren’t trying to connect with him, and aren’t as interested in him as he might think.
2. Short Answers. Limit your responses as much as possible. Be short with him, this will help push him away when he sees how little you have to say to him.
3. “I’m Taken”. Even if it’s a lie, it might help him back off a little bit. Though it may not push him away completely, it’s still worth a try. Many times guys hear this and they immediately move on!
4. Not Looking For a Relationship. This may be a lie to, in one sense. The other way of looking at it is that you aren’t looking for a relationship with him. If he sees this, it’s possible he’ll want to find someone who actually does want one.
5. Don’t Show Interest. Don’t laugh at his jokes, no matter how funny they are. Don’t say anything that he could misconstrue to be taken as interest. Smile as little as possible, avoid one-on-one situations, and don’t dress up around him. Any of these gestures can be taken the wrong way to a guy who’s really into you.
6. Be Honest. Some guys really just want the truth. It’s an old line, but maybe saying “I think we’re better off as friends” is the truth, and something that he needs to consider himself!
7. Be Blunt. This is a last resort, but to the guys who are persistent, and just won’t take no for an answer, you might have to blurt out your disinterest. It may hurt him at first, but if letting him down “easy” isn’t working, this surely would!