Every year designers flock to the drawing boards to decide what pieces will be the voice of the season. Some items only last for a few months and then they are discarded into the “what were they thinking” pile. Others capture the attention of many fashion followers. From there these pieces are launched into trendy boutiques across the globe. One of these pieces that has captured the attention of many fashion followers is the peplum top.
When this item was first introduced, like many trends there were skeptics. The voluminous top can add some extra pounds to a thin or even curvy frame. But when trendsetters started pairing their peplum tops with everyday basics, a whole new way of thinking was developed. Now peplum tops are worn by anyone who has a creative approach to dressing. Since the peplum top has gained popularity it may be safe to say that it has cemented itself into our wardrobes forever. The peplum top is one of those items that has successfully turned from trend to basic in a matter of seasons. Make sure that your closet has a least one peplum top.
1. Embellished Peplum: With this version you won’t need to add any jewelry. It is available online at ASOS for $32.22.
2. Solid Color Peplum: This version would be great to wear to work under a blazer. It is available online at H&M for $29.95.
3. Faux Leather Peplum: Toughen all other apparel up with a leather top. It is available online at Macy’s for $12.99.
4. Floral Peplum Top: This version would be perfect with some blue skinny jeans. It is available online at ASOS for $39.80.
5. Two Tone Peplum: Include the colorblock trend in your look by wearing this top. It is available online at Guess Factory Outlet for $20.99.