Redken has created a new line to cater to all types of blond hair. A few years ago the hair care brand came out with a line called Blonde Glam line that was intended to be for women with blonde hair. The problem that came with this is that there are many different shades of blonde, as it only came with one shampoo and on conditioner. Redken re-did their blonde hair care line and created Blonde Idol.
There are now 5 types of products under this line, all for different types of blondes.
- Blonde Idol Sulfate-Free Shampoo: This is intended for all blondes, similar to the blonde glam. This should be used daily.
- Blonde Idol Custom Tone Conditioner Violet: This is for light and platinum blondes. The formula is used as a toner to keep the hair it’s intended color between salon visits.
- Blonde Idol Custom-Tone conditioner Gold: For darker blondes. This product is used to help get rid of brassiness in hair that may occur over time, as well as when it’s been exposed to harsh rays or chlorine.
- Blonde Idol BBB Spray: Used as a multi-purpose conditioner that can either be left in or rinsed out in the shower. According to Redken, the three B’s stand for: Balances, beautifies, and brightens. When combined with other Blonde Idol products, it can help to strengthen your hair, and be used to protect your hair from heat styling tools.
- Blonde Idol mask: A hair mask made specifically for people with blonde hair. Masks give hair extra hydration. This should be left in your hair from 5-15 minutes depending on how dry your hair is.
The shampoo is intended for everyday use, while the conditioners are for every few weeks after your hair has been dyed to ensure toning and to maintain color.
Redken does not have a line like this for brunettes, but from the reviews on their Blonde Idol, that seem to be a popular demand.