Winter is a cold, dark season. Thank goodness for Christmas and New Year’s! Without the holidays, working up any enthusiasm and will to do anything in freezing temperatures would be near impossible. It only gets colder in January so one must adapt and start picking out hues appropriate for the season. No worries. Whether you’re looking to jazz up your festivities or for a simple look that complements your outfit and beautifies your nails, you’re in good hands! There is a color for you at every price.
- Metallics and glitters are in. This otherwise dull, cool shade has a little more oomph with the infused glitter.
Essie Concrete Glitter Collection: Stay Up Slate image via Ulta
- Navy blue is practical and capable of matching any occasion or lack thereof.
ELF Dark Navy image via Bionic Beauty
- A neutral taupe or mocha is cute, reminiscent of a pleasantly toasty latte, and screams effortless.
Deborah Lippman Knock on Wood image via Deborah Lippman
- Pink is an easy favorite but hot pink or baby pink are summery and spring tones. A light but steamy feel-good pink like this warm peachy-pink is a suitable choice.
Smith & Cult Forever Fades Fast image via Beautylish
- Instead of a flashy red or a red reminding one of Santa’s attire, go for an oxblood polish. With oxblood, it isn’t that you aren’t over fall. You want a bold, serious red that stands out in a good way.
OPI All A-Bordeaux image via Amazon
- A dark berry or wine-colored polish is sophisticated and mature yet feminine. Perfect for the colder, gloomy days when you want a pop of unique color. This daring shade is a dark wine bordering on black. Or try Malaga Wine from OPI for a lighter, reddish take on wine.
Sinful Colors Rich in Heart image via Pinterest
Featured image via Pixabay/cocoparisienne