Making an impressive dessert is not always difficult to do. Spanish Flan is a dessert that looks more difficult than it actually is. That’s only because it is so pretty! But this 5 ingredient dessert from Spain doesn’t require much shopping either; most of the ingredients are already in your kitchen! Flan is a delicious egg custard covered in “caramelo” which means caramel. Flan is a bit more set up than pudding, and it just melts in your mouth leaving behind its vanilla flavor. So impress your other half and prepare this dessert, their bound to be impressed by your advanced culinary skills and your appreciation of international cuisine. This recipe makes 1 -9 inch round pan, but flan can also be made in ramekins for individual portions. The ingredients you need are:
• 1 cup of white sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 (14 fluid ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
• 1 (12 fluid ounce) can of evaporated milk
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium saucepan melt butter and sugar into a golden caramel. Carefully pour hot caramel into a 9 inch round baking dish, turning the dish to evenly coat the bottom and the sides. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl fully beat the eggs. Beat in the condensed milk, the evaporated milk, and the vanilla until smooth. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes. Allow the flan to cool completely.
5. When completely cooled, use a sharp knife and go all around the edges of the custard to loosen it from the sides of the baking pan. Carefully invert the flan on a serving plate and serve.