According to the Forbe’s list, these are the top 10 absolute richest women in the world in 2014. According to the list of 1,645 billionaires in the world, 172 of them are women. Despite the fact that women comprise about 10% of the world’s billionaires, numbers are climbing. Of the 265 new billionaires, 42 are women, yet only 5 are self-made billionaires. The world’s youngest self-made woman billionaire is Sheryl Sandberg, worth $1.05 billion with Facebook shares. Check out the list below for the top 10 wealthiest women alive.
10. Johanna Quandt- This German woman is worth $12.8 billion. She owns 50% of BMW.
9. Laurene Powell Jobs- At $14 billion, the wife of deceased Steve Jobs owns the largest amount of shares in Disney.
8. Anne Cox Chambers- Worth $15.5 billion, this United States woman inherited Cox Enterprises from her family.
7. Abigail Johnson- From the United States, this woman is worth $17.3 billion. She is currently the president of Fidelity Financial Services.
6. Susan Klatten- At $17.4 billion, Klatten is Germany’s wealthiest woman through her involvement with BMW cars and Altana, a chemical manufacturer.
5. Gina Rinehart- This Australian woman has a net worth of $17.7 billion. She earned her wealth by profits from iron ore and coal projects in Australia.
4. Jacqueline Badger Mars- With a fortune of $20 billion, this American inherited her wealth from the famous Mars candy company.
3. Alice Walton- With a net worth of $34.3 billion, the founder of Walmart’s daughter comes in third for the richest woman in the world. She owns the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Arkansas, which contains her own works.
2. Liliane Bettencourt $34.5 billion- As the owner of beauty company L’Oreal, this 91-year-old woman holds the title of the richest French citizen.
1. Christy Walton With a $36.7 billion fortune, the wife of the deceased John Walton, son of Walmart’s founder, Christy Walton is the wealthiest woman on Earth. She boosted her wealth above that of her family members by buying First Solar stock shares, which had tremendous increases in the past year.