2014 has been a great year for celebrities and fashion. The bar has been risen, and the stars are truly bringing their A-game on the red carpet, and in their everyday street-wear looks. We’re inspired, and admittedly, a little bit jealous. Below are the top ten trendiest celebrities of the year.
1. Vanessa Hudgens: The ‘Queen of Coachella’ has appeared to have mastered the elements of bohemian chic. Her intense love of dressing up has every fashion lover envious of her flowy wardrobe. Floppy hats, maxi skirts, crop or flowy tops are essentials for this former Disney stars wardrobe.
2. Lupita Nyong’o: Lupita turned heads on every red carpet this season. Her experimenting with various dress colors kept viewers guessing as to what she might wear next. From her red caped Ralph Lauren gown she donned to the Golden Globes, to the green Prada embellished gown she wore over a brown slip dress to the 2014 MET Gala, Lupita has proven she is not afraid of taking risks.
3. Rihanna: Winner of the 2014 CFDA Fashion Icon award, Rihanna, too is not afraid to take risks in terms of fashion. If she hasn’t proved it before, she proved it on the CFDA red carpet, wearing a see-through jeweled dress, bearing her nipples.
4. Lauren Conrad: Everyone loves Lauren Conrad’s blog, decked out with fashion tips, D.I.Y projects, fitness tips, and more. Lauren Conrad makes bohemian style look so effortlessly chic, and her clothing line with Kohl’s includes just the right amount of flirt.
5. Kim Kardashian: Kim has really transformed herself into, should we say fashion icon? Inspiration? Whether it was thanks to the help of new husband, Kanye West, or a new stylist, Kim has really upped her fashion game.
Kim Kardashian on left.
6. Nicki Minaj: Nicki Minaj is another star who has seriously upped her fashion game. For those envious of her killer style, you’re in luck: the star has taken a liking to posting which designer created each coveted piece.
7. Scott Disick: Has anybody wondered if Kanye helped save Scott from the doom his dull wardrobe was sending him towards? Ever since Kanye has been in the picture, Scott seemed to have ditched his daily suits. (Thank God.) The reality star now sports a more laid-back, California cool look, often opting for leather jackets and sneakers.
8. Anna Sophia Robb: It’s only fitting that the Carrie Bradshaw of the past has amazing style. How else would she have evolved into a style icon? From the simple oops D.I.Y’s of paint splatting her purse with nail polish, to the polished layered outfits she wears for her internship, she has nailed the New York fashionista look.
9. Austin Butler: This ‘Carrie Diaries’ star is hot. He looks great in any look he sports. He pulls off the laid-back California style with effortless charm. From his Coachella looks (jacket and jeans) to suits for red carpets, he always keeps his looks fresh.
10. Ansel Elgort: Not only does Ansel have adorkable charm, but he has style. However, don’t let that fool you. He is not a model. The ‘the Fault in Our Stars’ actor looks dapper dressed up in tan suits for red carpet events, but still looks like a hunky New Yorker, dressed down in jeans and sneakers.
WOW!! I can’t believe 1 million people follow me!! So crazy! Thank u all so so much for all this love and support. pic.twitter.com/B4kpFqryZn
— Ansel Elgort (@AnselElgort) June 14, 2014